Belgian Beer@home - beendet

Beendet
rebirther
Admin

Belgian Beer@home - beendet

#1 Post by rebirther » 12.12.2006, 05:05

leider zur Zeit nur eine dynamische Adresse:
http://bebeer.dyndns.org:2222/bebeer/
Last edited by rebirther on 17.09.2007, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.

rebirther
Admin

#2 Post by rebirther » 12.12.2006, 14:52

rebirther
Admin

#3 Post by rebirther » 12.12.2006, 16:50

Projekt-Infos:
In this Phase III I would like to set as objectives:
- Get a logo. I have asked one of our team's graphic artists if he can have a go at this.
- Get the sample application that comes with the Boinc server sources compiled under Linux and Windows. For this I will need someone with a Visual-C++ compiler under Windows to help out.
- Figure out how to produce work and validate it.
- Release some sample work and give credit for it. At that point I gather we'll understand most of what's involved in setting up a real life project.

After this we'll see if there is a Phase IV or not
Ob es überhaupt ein echtes Boinc Projekt wird, wird sich zeigen?!

Der Server wird nicht 24/7 laufen, also erst mal nur ein Testprojekt!

WNj
BC-Member

#4 Post by WNj » 13.12.2006, 19:25

erst mal nur ein Testprojekt!
verblüffend - ich dachte, es sollte ein reines Spaß-Projekt sein - kann mir kaum vorstellen, das daraus was sinnvolles wird....
lebe Dein Leben so wie Du wenn Du stirbst wünschen wirst gelebt zu haben

rebirther
Admin

#5 Post by rebirther » 17.09.2007, 09:07

Wieder ein Projekt, wo nix mehr passiert:
September 16, 2007
Well, you probably could all see it coming. With all the minor and major problems I am having lately with the Belgian Beer site, my motivation was sinking deep. The tips and suggestions I did get haven't solved the current troubles. But that's only one side of the story. With all the new projects we are seeing lately, and no real ideas yet of a real subject for our project, I feel the site has become obsolete. This said, I have decided to put the Belgian Beer project on hold indefinitely. It may be up from time to time, when I use it to try something out that could be helpful in alpha testing new projects. But as far as the Boinc community is concerned, I would advise to detach machines and stop polling for the server status. The site will remain up for a couple of days more, for those who want to download the final statistics. I don't exclude the project will be back some day with a real mission, but don't hold your breath just yet. Thanks to all who supported the project, not in the least to all my team members who helped me create it in the first place. Jar Jar Binks.