Ideologias@Home

Beendet
rebirther
Admin

Ideologias@Home

#1 Post by rebirther » 11.05.2011, 19:19

http://falua.cesfelipesegundo.com/Ideologias/

Team
The aim of the project Ideologias@Home is to study how people in a certain region evolve ideologically over time respect to an idea. When an idea is introduced in a society, the population is divided naturally into four groups:

- Extremists: those who defend the idea extremely.

- Moderates: those who defend the idea moderately.

- Opponents: those who are against the idea.

- Abstentionists: those who do not matter, abstain or have not opinion.

People change their mind because peer pressure, the influence of mass media or because is decided by oneself. Under these assumptions, we propose dynamic models, determine the parameters, predict trends and analyse results.
Last edited by rebirther on 02.06.2011, 20:18, edited 2 times in total.

aendgraend

#2 Post by aendgraend » 11.05.2011, 23:34

Hi rebirther,

du könntest ja die deutsche Übersetzung übernehmen, dann bekommst du sicher schneller einen Account...

http://itis.cesfelipesegundo.com/seccio ... =169&tpc=1
:ok:

Viel Erfolg
:good:

rebirther
Admin

#3 Post by rebirther » 28.05.2011, 08:27

Starting today we open access to Ideologias@Home to users by invitation. He have made available a first batch of 10.000 works units. We hope we will give free access next week.

War vom 25.05. die Meldung, also schon nächste Woche freier Zugang. War zu faul einer von den ersten Testern zu sein ^^

rebirther
Admin

#4 Post by rebirther » 02.06.2011, 20:18

Anmeldung jetzt offen.

odicin

#5 Post by odicin » 21.06.2011, 22:45

Due to the number of volunteers and hosts that have joined us in the last days, looks like our (modest) server has reached its maximum capability and is not able to serve work units at the required pace. We are forced to disable the account creation by now.
Accounterstellung also vorerst deaktiviert.

Gruß Odi

odicin

#6 Post by odicin » 23.06.2011, 09:09

Looks like the problems we suffered the last days have been solved. Our work generator had a bug. We fixed it and raised the number of WU in the cache, so now WUs are flowing as expected. Account creation has been re-enabled.
Accounterstellung nun wieder möglich.

Gruß Odi

odicin

#7 Post by odicin » 04.07.2011, 07:34

End of Phase II
Gentlemen, you are processing now the last thousands of WUs remaining, so in a few hours there will be no more work left.

While some WUs may be available from time to time due to revisitation in the next days, computations are going to be on standby until I collect all results, analyse them and make some conclusions that will help me to produce a refined new model. This will be our Phase III, perhaps in October.
Phase II ist abgeschlossen. Es gibt bis voraussichtlich Oktober erstmal keine neuen WU's mehr, bis alle Daten ausgewertet sind.

Gruß Odi

odicin

#8 Post by odicin » 27.11.2011, 16:04

The new model for Ideologias is under development, and still in the design board. There are many ideas that we would like to test to improve the accuracy of the population's ideological evolution but still not consensus about the way to do that.

For this reason and also because I'm focused now on Neurona, Ideologias will have a delay. Can't be very precise, as it depends on the spare time I have to work on it, but I think I'll have to wait until the current batch of Neurona WUs are over.

See you no Neurona@Home in the meanwhile!
Neue WU's gibt es erst wenn die aktuelle Arbeit bei Neurona@Home fertig ist.

Gruß Odi