http://cosmos.astro.uiuc.edu/cosmohome/

Accounterstellung offline.

WNj
BC-Member

Re: Cosmology@Home

#2 Post by WNj » 04.05.2007, 20:21

rebirther wrote:http://cosmos.astro.uiuc.edu/cosmohome/
Woher bekommst Du sowas eigentlich immer? Und weißt Du dann auch, wann die accounterstellung gehen wird?
mfG WNj
lebe Dein Leben so wie Du wenn Du stirbst wünschen wirst gelebt zu haben

rebirther
Admin

Re: Cosmology@Home

#3 Post by rebirther » 04.05.2007, 20:50

WNj wrote:
rebirther wrote:http://cosmos.astro.uiuc.edu/cosmohome/
Woher bekommst Du sowas eigentlich immer? Und weißt Du dann auch, wann die accounterstellung gehen wird?
mfG WNj
Das läuft in der Emailliste rum (devBoard), kann ich dir bescheid sagen, PS3Grid dauert noch, und wir bauen gerade den Zebrabrute Server auf...

rebirther
Admin

#4 Post by rebirther » 14.08.2007, 17:26

Neue URL vom Projekt, ein reattach wäre angebracht:

http://www.cosmologyathome.org/

rebirther
Admin

#5 Post by rebirther » 26.03.2008, 18:12

March 26, 2008 Keep on Crunching!
Despite temporarily disabling the lensing component of CAMB, the results are still very useful to us, so please don't worry that your time here at Cosmology@Home is wasted.

March 26, 2008 Temporarily lowering credit from non-lensing CAMB WUs
Until we fix CAMB's lensing component, we will be temporarily lowering credit granted to all WUs from 100 to 80.

rebirther
Admin

#6 Post by rebirther » 01.04.2008, 10:05

Kleines Update zur Server-Situation:
Here's the scoop on the weekend shenanigans:

I left on Thursday to visit the UWM physics department (home of Einstein@Home). I made sure not to make any changes so things would at least stay at the status quo while I was gone. However, it just so happened that the mysql server decided to blow up (figuratively) while I was gone.

After a number of hours working on the machine today, I finally figured out what the problem was. Debian plays around with the mysql startup script a bit, adding a check of the database integrity. However, the integrity check faltered at some point and stalled. Because it was just sitting there with a hold on the results table, queries kept piling up and at some point, the number of pending queries exceeded the maximum number of connections and everything went to hell.

I removed Debian's unnecessary check, increased the max_connections parameter, and increased the share of the server's memory alloted to mysql. Hopefully this will prevent more issues in the future.

The server is pretty overworked now as you can imagine, so I think it would be best to wait until tomorrow to look into the validation issue.
Validierung läuft, aber nur langsaaaaam.

rebirther
Admin

#7 Post by rebirther » 05.04.2008, 21:11

Statement zur Situation des Projektes (Server):
4/5/08 @ 19:31 UTC - Message to Cosmology@Home Users

I want to say "thank you" to all of you who have waited, patiently or otherwise, for us to figure out the problems with the server. I also want to give a big "thank you" to the moderators, Jeff, Guy, and Jord (JRenkar, [bat] Tutta55, and Ageless), for sticking around and helping out on the message boards.

Now, here's what you all need to understand about our project: we don't have tons of funding, racks of redundant hardware, and a full-time IT staff. Our project is run on a single server administrated by one full-time student, myself. As soon as I hear about a problem, I generally drop what I'm doing and work on it immediately. I can tell you that there have been days where I see a problem at 10 AM and immediately go to our server room (actually an office) and work on it for 8 hours straight, skipping all of my classes. However, since I am a full time student and this is my last semester, there is only so much time I can dedicate here. So while I can assure you that I spend all the time I can trying to fix problems and make improvements, some things are just going to take time to fix.

I know that, as some point, we're going to have more staff, resources, and time to dedicate to Cosmology@Home. For now, though, we're all going to have to accept that, sometimes, the going will be slow. This is not due to laziness or lack of interest on our part; it's just a fact of life.

Some of you may decide that you would rather crunch a larger project that has more resources available; that's fine and I certainly can't blame you. If I had sunk a ton of money a farm, I sure as hell would want to make sure it was running as efficiently as possible. However, if you have an interest in cosmology, like having direct contact with a real cosmology research group, and can stomach having to wait sometimes while we work at fixing issues, then we'd love for you to stick around.

rebirther
Admin

#8 Post by rebirther » 08.04.2008, 13:41

April 7, 2008 Temporarily lowering credit again
Since CAMB sans lensing seems to be much, MUCH faster than CAMB with lensing, we're temporarily lowered the credit again to 50, which still is pretty high, just not ridiculous like it is now.
Leider immer noch zu hoch.

rebirther
Admin

#9 Post by rebirther » 23.07.2008, 08:30

July 22, 2008 New CAMB, work generation, increased credit, and old WUs.
The new CAMB is now up and work generation has commenced; in addition, credit for the new WUs has been increased, since lensing is now re-enabled.

Although we let the old WUs drain as much as possible, there may yet still be some in the queue, which may cause some problems with the new CAMB. Therefore, if you get work that is dated before the 22nd, you may want to play it safe and abort the WU.

rebirther
Admin

#10 Post by rebirther » 30.08.2008, 09:06

2008-08-29: Cosmology@Home - Project overhaul and application testing
The projct will be down while we work on the major problems facing the project right now, including work distribution, HR, and credit. We will be making work for a test application so we can test the new HR model.

DoctorNow

#11 Post by DoctorNow » 25.08.2015, 15:06

Bei Cosmology findet eine komplette Umstrukturierung des Servers/Projektes statt, mit "neuem" Creditsystem und anderem Schnickschnack, Details dazu gibt's hier.
Dazu wurde das bisherige System auf http://beta.cosmologyathome.org/ geklont und es gibt außerdem noch eine neue Anwendung zum Testen. Wer schon lange einen Account bei Cosmo hat, kann sich deshalb auch auf der neuen Seite problemlos einloggen und mithelfen.
Life is Science, and Science rules. To the universe and beyond
Member of BOINC@Heidelberg + BOINC Confederation
My BOINC-Stats / My Badges-List

DoctorNow

#12 Post by DoctorNow » 01.02.2016, 05:19

Mittlerweile wurde die App vom Beta-Projekt übernommen, alle (Mit)Tester haben ihre Credits aufs Hauptprojekt gutgeschrieben bekommen.
Und jetzt gibt's noch 'ne weitere Anwendung zum Rechnen:
31 Jan 2016, 17:34:04 UTC New beta app for analyzing Planck data
Today we are releasing a new app (in beta for the moment) to help analyze Planck data. Read more about it in the comments. Start crunching this app now for a chance to receive thanks in the acknowledgements of our forthcoming paper!
Edit: komisch, URL-Umsetzung funktioniert nicht... ?!

Buckey

#13 Post by Buckey » 01.02.2016, 17:30

hm...ich habe bei der neuen App unter Windows 10 mit der VBox-Version 5.0.14 zirka 14 % Ausschuss bei den WU´s.
Ich gehe mal davon aus das es nicht an der App sondern an meiner Boincversion und der nach installierten VBOX liegt.
Hat jemand ähnliche Erfahrungen gemacht ?

DoctorNow

#14 Post by DoctorNow » 14.12.2016, 07:13

13 Dec 2016, 15:38:46 UTC C@H Move and Server Downtime
Tomorrow the C@H server is packing its bags and getting ready for a big move! After 10 great years of being hosted at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana, we are moving overseas to Paris on a server at the Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris, where both myself and Ben are currently working. You can read more about this in an updated welcome letter from Ben.

At 2pm UTC on Wed Dec 14, we will take the server offline. The process may take up to 24hrs, during which your clients will still process pre-downloaded jobs, but will not be able to communicate with server. Upon finishing the move, you clients will reconnect automatically, and no actions from you are necessary. For the ultra-curious, I will try and post some live updates tomorrow on my twitter.
Cosmology zieht nach Paris um. Eine Server-Auszeit von mind. 24 Stunden ist ab heute unumgänglich.

Ralfy
BC-Member

#15 Post by Ralfy » 17.08.2017, 16:29

cosmologyathome.org domain temporarily down
Please see the following important Cosmology@Home news item at https://cosmos.iap.fr/forum_thread.php?id=7500 which we summarize below:

Due to a mix-up related to having moved servers from one university to another earlier this year, we failed to properly renew the cosmologyathome.org domain, which expired today. We are in the process of seeing what can be done to fix this. Until then, you can access the website at the temporary URL of https://cosmos.iap.fr, and I will post the latest news on the situation there.

We apologize for this downtime and thank you for your interest in Cosmology@Home.